So you’re heading to Austin, Texas, for the annual South By Southwest festival, but are you fully prepared for the madness that lies ahead? Don't be the one caught unprepared to enter music’s biggest March bash.
1. Dress for the climate. While the East has recently been hit with brutal cold and the West has seen temps soar near 90, you’ll actually get something akin to true spring days in Austin. The forecast for next week predicts temps in the low to mid 70s during the day and low 50s at night. There’s a chance for rain on Wednesday and Thursday, so pack accordingly. Be able to layer. Pack a poncho or an umbrella and have backup shoes and socks in case you get caught in a muddy field somewhere.
2. Speaking of shoes, make sure you have something comfy. You’re going to be doing a lot of walking and standing, so make sure your shoes are well worn rather than having a new pair causing blisters and undue pain.
3. A backpack can do wonders. Things you’ll want to keep on hand include a hat to shield the sun during outdoor concert viewing, sunglasses, sunscreen, a water bottle to stay hydrated, chapstick, hand sanitizer or wetnaps and earplugs. That latter item is essential as not all concert sound systems are created equal. It’s better not to get “concert ear” early in the day.
4. Business cards. Bring ‘em, have ‘em handy and network. This is the place.
5. Stay nourished. Days are long and the sun can drain you if you’re outdoors. Be sure to check out the SouthBites Trailer Park filled with plenty of vendors. More details here.
Read the last 5 tips by clicking the link below.
Read More: 2015 South By Southwest Survival Guide | http://loudwire.com/2015-south-by-southwest-survival-guide/?trackback=tsmclip